A Reflection On Sacrifice
The Good Samaritan
In this well-known passage, an expert in Mosaic Law asks Jesus an important question: “Who is my neighbor?” Jesus answers with a parable.
A man was left in a very bad state, half dead. A couple of really spiritual folks walked by, but neither paused to help this man in his desperate condition.
Here’s what the Samaritan did:
- He felt compassion for the man.
- He went to him, not ignoring his desperate need.
- He tended to his physical state, giving first aid.
- He took him (not sent him) to a safe place where he could recover, and took care of him.
- He paid the innkeeper two days wages to take care of him and promised more money if needed.
Remember that the expert’s initial question was how to inherit eternal life. The answer was love, for God and for others. It turns out that love is not merely a feeling. It’s an action. Love is as love does. Like the expert, we get the part about loving God, but can stumble over the “love your neighbor” part. The Samaritan didn’t have this issue. He understood Daniel 11:32: “The people who know their God will display strength and take action.”
I am asking you to do the same. Right now. Today. Provision House helps those who are in a bad state. Please support my ministry. Display strength and take action. There are so many caught in the stronghold of addiction. They need your help. They need you.
Thank you. May God bless you and keep you.
Ways You Can Support Provision House
- You can make a donation that will be applied only to students without the financial capacity to purchase the seminar. When donations are made from this website, a StudentScholarship option will display. Many who have been caught in certain types of strongholds have lost everything. We carefully assess scholarship applicants for an authentic “hunger and thirst” for finding freedom in Christ. Please designate “StudentScholarship” on your donation.
Salvation is free, but unfortunately, ministry costs money. Here we simply ask that you help us cover our minimal overhead. Your support goes for administrative expenses, costs for producing video, print, and digital resources.
Donations may be mailed to:
Attn: Mr. Rhett Blair
5036 Kittredge Road
Mint Hill, NC 28227
- To donate using a debit or credit card, please click on the Donate button.
- Provision House is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation. All donations are tax deductible.
And hope does not disappoint. Romans 5:5