Meet Paul Stark
Paul is an ordained minister who is founder and executive director of Provision House, an addictions ministry begun in 2004.
While Paul has counseled, spoken, and taught on a variety of personal, relational, and spiritual issues, he is perhaps best known for his emphatically biblical approach to addictions which began as research for a seminary thesis.
Paul has conducted numerous Breaking the Chains workshops and seminars at churches and regional Christian conferences and has applied the principles in several residential addictions ministries. He has written, edited, and produced The Breaking the Chains Seminar, a comprehensive video curriculum for resolving addictions (available on this website). His book, The Biblical Provisions for Addiction, will be published in 2019.
He has attended two ATS accredited seminaries and has an undergraduate degree in business. He has served as Minister of Adult Education and as a counselor in several local churches. He was also Northeast Regional Manager for Gospel Light Publications, an international, non-denominational Christian education and book publishing organization. He also co-founded Techniscan Corporation.
Paul advocates approaching life’s problems from a theological perspective and not merely medical, psychological, or sociological perspectives.
He and his wife Rosangela have lived on planet Earth their entire lives.
About Provision House
Provision House is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) discipleship ministry that features the addictions ministry of Paul Stark.
Provision House helps Christians find freedom in Christ, grow in Christ, and serve Christ through video curricula, phone counseling, and blog posts.
The Provision House Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God.
- We acknowledge the Creator, God, as our heavenly Father, infinitely perfect, and intimately acquainted with all our ways.
- We claim Jesus Christ as Lord, the very God who came in human flesh, the object of our worship and praise.
- We recognize the Holy Spirit as the third member of the Godhead, incessantly at work convicting, convincing, and comforting.
- We believe that Adam’s fall into sin left humanity without the hope of heaven apart from a new birth, made possible by the Savior’s death and bodily resurrection.
- We believe the offer of salvation is God’s love-gift to all. Those who accept it by faith, apart from works, become new creatures in Christ.
- We believe that anyone who trusts in Christ by faith is a new creation in Him, clothed in His righteousness, and fully loved and accepted by God.
- We believe that God expects our lives to reflect that we belong to Him, that we are pursuing a holy life, and that we are continually endeavoring to fulfill His purposes for our lives.
- We believe that Satan, under the sovereign permission of God, attempts to destroy the faith of believers, and that drawing near to God, renewing our minds according to biblical truth, and living consistently with our identity in Christ, are the primary ways to nullify his power.
- We believe that as new creations in Christ, we will continue to wrestle with indwelling sin. We will, however, continue to grow in grace and become more like Jesus, thereby experiencing decreasing temptation and sin.
- Ultimate perfection and complete sinlessness, however, will only come when we finally stand in the presence of the Lord.
- We believe that, as believers in Jesus Christ, we are members of His universal church and that the local church is the place God has designed for His people to worship Him, observe the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s Table, and love and serve other Christians.
- We believe that, having embraced Jesus Christ by faith, we are to make Him known to non-Christians in our sphere of influence.
- We anticipate our Lord’s promised return in power and glory.
- We are convinced that all who have died will be brought back from beyond, believers to everlasting communion with God and unbelievers to everlasting separation from God.
We believe that the Bible is the only authoritative standard for truth and life. God’s overarching purpose for His children is Christlikeness, which occurs through progressive sanctification (Rom. 8:29, 1 Thes. 4:3, 3:13). We believe that Christians who are progressively growing into increasing Christlikeness in thought, word, and deed, will experience life at its very best.
Finding and living out God’s purpose and plan for your life is the greatest expression of the believer’s ultimate goal—love, and is the only way to experience purpose, meaning, and fulfillment while living a free and productive life that glorifies God.
Click here for the Provision House Principles for Good Governance and Ethical Practice